US Women's National Soccer Team vs. The Republic of South Africa // 7.09.2016

I know I have not been on in a while and forgot to make two posts about my time at the Catfish and the Bottlemen concert and the Zac Brown Band concert but I promise to make it up right now. Yesterday afternoon, I attended the International Friendly game of the US National Women's Soccer Team vs. the Republic of South Africa and it was a great day because I got to see the one and only Alex Morgan after so many years of watching her.

The game was held at Soldier Field and I went and sat 18 rows off the field in the corner which were pretty great seats. I was completely disappointed because they only sold up to the 200 level for them, but when the men's team was here they tried selling the whole stadium, but whatever I can have no say in that, but back to the game.

In the first half the game started out a little slow, but USA had some really great chances to score on RSA, but their one and only goal would come during the middle of the first which was scored by Crystal Dunn and it was a beautiful goal where the goalie could not even jump high enough to reach it. A few minutes after the goal Mallory Pugh had a wide open goal and completely missed it which I as well as everyone else in the stadium was completely shocked by because that goal would of been outstanding as well.

One thing I did notice throughout the game is that USA would play the same play over and over and over again and the other team would still fall for it. Every time they did a corner kick, Julie Johnston would right up in the goal trying to head-butt it in and whenever they did a free kick they would always pass it back to the defense. One player from RSA, however, was the only person who did not fall for it and that was their team captain who's name I did not know at the time so I called her blue hair and the Perfect Human because she was number five (pretty great joke right?), but now I know her name is Janine Van Wyke and she was outstanding and she truly deserves to be their captain.

After the game it was no surprised that Dunn got the MVP of the game, but I also found out that it was Hope Solo's 100th career shutout which I find pretty amazing, but some people would beg to differ on her, but whatever she has some pretty good saves. Even though I am a little disappointed that I did not get to see an Alex Morgan goal, it was still an amazing game.

Tonight I am going to the Panic! At The Disco and Weezer concert so I will be trying to post some videos on my snapchat and I will try to make a post tomorrow if I wake up in time before work!

Enjoy!

Comments