NHL Playoff Predictions

The regular season has come to an end and now its time for the playoffs. Before the season started I made a prediction of the teams who I thought would make it and my guesses were off in the Eastern Conference by 3 teams and 2 in the Western. Also with that I made a guess of who I believed would win the Stanley Cup which was way off because I picked the Anaheim Ducks.

But, now I have picked a new Stanley Cup Champ


For the goals I picked 25 and that was just the first number that popped into my head. 

Don't ask why I have the Red Wings in the Conference Final. I just have really high hopes that they will make it past the 2nd round this year since they have not been there since 2009 . But, I have a strong feeling of them beating the Lightning in the 1st round especially when Tampa lost Stamkos to his injury. 

I feel the Blackhawks could beat the Blues in the first round as well because they are the stronger team. When the Hawks get Keith back from his suspension, they will be pretty dangerous, but they will not be able to make it past Dallas, who has beaten them a few games this season. Other team I have pretty good confidence in are the Kings because they did do well this season and I feel that the series against the Sharks will be challenging, but they will make a strong finish in the end. For the Predators, I just feel like the Ducks are not going to do anything. The Panthers vs Islanders and Stars vs Wilds are my only two series where I feel there will be a sweep because the Islanders have been doing poorly these last couple games and the Wild just cannot match up with the Stars.

Personally, I do feel that this could be the Capitals' year, but if not I also have a strong feeling that the Stars could win it as well. For the Caps I believe that Ovechkin can help this team with his strong scoring abilities and with Holtby being a outstanding goaltender and helping the team in making it into the playoffs.  Dallas can also win it for their great players of Jamie Benn and depending how he plays after injury, Tyler Seguin. They just have an amazing team this season and they truly deserved to make the playoffs especially with the players they gained during offseason. They also have players who have been to the Stanley Cup Finals not just once, but twice and that can make them feel even more confident and not crack under the pressure.

If you want to join my bracket you can click here and if you go to Joe Louis Arena a lot and love the music I also created a Spotify Playlist

Any questions feel free to send me a message here

Enjoy and happy playoffs!

Comments