Stanley Cup Champs Prediction

The 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs truly went against my bracket and honestly I do not think anyone would of thought that the San Jose Sharks or the Pittsburgh Penguins would actually make it to the Final this year.



Since my bracket was a complete mess and I did not get any points past the first round I decided that I would make a new prediction of who I think will win the Cup. Even though this is the Sharks' first Stanley Cup Final ever, I truly do think that the Penguins will take over the series and take the Cup again. One of my reasonings for wanting them to win is because I really want to see Phil Kessel win the Cup after being with the Toronto Maple Leafs and basically not doing anything with them. Yes, Joe Pavelski is leading the NHL with goals in the post season so far, I think Kessel  will be able to make a difference in that since he only needs four more goals to pass up Pavelski.

Another difference that could change the game up is who will be the better goaltender as well. Matt Murray is the best choice I think to put into the Final for the Penguins since he has been doing an amazing job when Marc-Andre Fleury really has not done much this season compared to him. But, the Shark's goaltender Martin Jones has also been doing great this season as well since he is leading the NHL currently with the most wins in the playoffs with 12 while Murray is currently behind him with 11 wins as well.

With the Sharks top players of Pavelski, Logan Couture, and Brent Burns lead the league with points, goals, and assists, it will be a true challenge to see if they can stay hot while facing a team who has been to the Final before and also have won a Cup as well. I am going to still say that the Pens will win this year and I think they will take it in Game 5 or Game 6. I really hope Game 5 because it would be a home game and I also might be there (I am still deciding whether to go to that or see Cage the Elephant with PIT seats the night before).

This should be exciting! I will probably make a post on my tumblr or my twitter on which one I am going to. I will also be posting either one I go to on my snapchat which you can ask for here

Enjoy!

Comments