Wings vs Wild and the Playoff Push

The Red Wings took their 2 needed points after winning 3-2 against the Minnesota Wild. The Wings main scorers were Dylan Larkin, Tomas Tatar, and Riley Sheahan keeping them alive in their push for their 25th playoff run.

Warm ups 

Yesterday, I got student rush tickets that cost $53 to sit in section 128 row 9 and I pretty much cried tears of joy because that is the cheapest ticket I have ever paid for to sit that close. Usually, I just buy my ticket ahead of time off of ticketmaster, but since this was last minute my friends and I just decided to do this since it was cheap. And, they are better than what the Blackhawks give for the student rush in Chicago, which is only to get standing room for $25. So if you ever want good seats for super cheap then I highly recommend doing this at the Joe.

View from my seats

Since I sat closer than usual, I got to see more of the fighting action and words being exchanged from players. Kyle Quincey especially started it off when he starting jabbing and knocking Wild's forward Zach Parise around in the first period which I thought was pretty great. Another thing I got to see up close was the beautiful turn overs in our zone made by not only the great Jonathan Ericsson. Personally these past two season, he has just gone down a little bit. Every game, he has given the puck away and given the other team a great scoring chance or even get a good goal. For something the team should do is bench him for a game or maybe two and put Brendan Smith back in to see if it really does change anything. Another thing that does not help is Niklas Kronwall. Since he came back from his knee injury so quickly, on the ice it was easy to see that he was still clearly in pain. Towards the middle of the third period, he literally had to keep getting off the ice and his facial expression showed that that there was something bothering him.  

Besides the negatives of this team, some players such as Riley Sheahan are stepping up and are doing some great goal scoring to help keep the team in place. If they can keep up this scoring with some more help from some other players that should be scoring (which Gustav Nyquist is not doing as much) and changing the defense lines besides Quincey and Danny DeKeyser, I think we can make it to the playoffs, but thats if the Flyers and the Bruins start losing again. Quincey is another player who has truly stepped up this season to prove himself from the past seasons. 

I would love for the team to make the playoffs as much as anyone else, but if they don't, then maybe this will open the team's eyes to show that they do need to get rid of some of their players and not keep them every single season until their contract goes up. Personally, getting rid of Ericsson and possibly Nyquist can get us a better goal scorer or even a better defenseman. Yes, it was nice to get Mike Green from the Capitals this year, but everyone hyped him up and he really has done that much. 

Hope you enjoyed my lovely "game coverage" and rant about yesterday's game. I would of done this after the game, but I got back to my hotel around midnight and I was lazy. My next posting will be on Friday for the White Sox Home Opener and I added another concert to my long list which will be on August 27th at Wrigley Field to see Luke Bryan. 

Let me know what you think of today's posting as well! Also feel free to join my bracket challenge, the link is at the bottom of the page!





Comments