Detroit Red Wings vs Toronto Maple Leafs // 10-9-2015

Yesterday marked the first game of the season for the Detroit Red Wings and I could not be any happier. I went yesterday along with my friends Val (her tumblr) and Meg, who I both met over Twitter. We sat together on the glass during warm-ups and the excitment just kept building. There was just something in the air at the Joe that got everyone pumped.

Before the game started, they did the usually annoucing of the rosters and everyone went nuts. I mostly screamed when Darren Helm skated out, but I still cheered for everyone just not as loud. It was a little weird not hearing Mike Babcock's name being called for head coach, but after last night's game I think I will be okay with that.

2015-2016 Detroit Red Wings' Roster 

After the singing of the Canadian and American national anthems, the puck finally dropped to start the season off. The Wings scored the first goal of the whole goal, who was scored by Justin Abdelkader, and it just got better as the game went on. The Leafs on the other hand just have no clue what they are doing. A few mintues later, Justin Abdelkader scored again making it to be 2-0. After the first commerical break, the Wings gave a nice little thanks to Mike Babcock for coaching over the years and showed him on the jumbotron and you could tell he was just not having it with this game and we were only about halfway through the 1st.

Displaying image.jpg
View from Section 212C row 12

The 2nd period started with Dylan Larkin scoring his first NHL goal in his first NHL game. This season is going to be great for him because he can put up points and he has amazing speed. Then, another goal was scored with Justin Abdelkader a few mintues later with his 3rd for the night causing him to get a hattrick and free curly fries for everyone else. The Leafs just kept falling apart and just could not get past anything past Jimmy Howard, who had a great game last night. 


Since nothing happened in the third period, I am just going to talk about how great everyone played.The person I feel stepped their game up the most was Jakub Kindl. I have no goal what the new coach as done for him, but hey something worked and he played great along with Larkin, Abby, Zetterberg. The first line was just killing it with all the point and the rest of the team is looking really good and I know it is going to be a great season.
The score

Okay sorry I really did not put a lot into this, but I am rushing because I am going to see Catfish and the Bottlemen right now. . So I will have a new posting tomorrow as well.

Comments