Cage the Elephant // 6-8-2016

After being stuck in traffic for almost three hours, I somehow made it to the Cage the Elephant and Portugal the Man concert last night in Milwaukee at the Rave/ Eagles club. That was my first time ever there and the set up was very strange since they had a PIT and a regular General Admission spot, but I guess the reasoning was probably to stop the crowd surfing, but it was still a dumb reason to do it. For getting there when the concert pretty much starting I still managed to get pretty close to the stage.


The first opening act was god awful. I do not even remember their names and I could not hear a word they were saying because on their mics sounded pretty bad and they were literally screaming the few lyrics they had in their songs and everyone in the whole place was basically confused. On the other hand, Portugal the Man put on a good show with the songs they sing. I have seen them before back at Lolla in 2014 when I never heard of them before that and they are really good. My favorite songs that they sang are "Purple, Yellow, Red, & Blue" , which I am still mad at myself for not recording it, and "Modern Jesus" 


I have seen Cage the Elephant before last year at a radio station concert and I thought they were amazing and I honestly could not wait to see them again. This time around I got way closer than I thought I would and where I was standing was perfect because Matt Shultz kept standing in the front and stood in front of where I was half of the time. They sang every perfect song of theirs and probably my most favorite one of "In One Ear" because I just think that is a complete jam. I just love seeing them in concert because Matt just has full energy and the way he dances just kills me because it is so random and I never understand how he is never out of breath half way in to the show. They never fail to put on an outstanding show because you could never get bored with it even if you do not really listen to them. They will always be on the top of my list to go see again because it is such a great time.

Again I could not get any video because one my phone kept getting knocked out of my hand whenever I tried to get a full video and two I knew I did not have that much storage again. I did update on snapchat even though you really cannot hear the song that well sometimes. My next posting will be next week on the 17 the day after I see Catfish and the Bottlemen which is also in Milwaukee. Enjoy!
 

Comments