Catch up!

Happy Easter everyone! I figure I haven't made a post in a while so I wanted to make one now. The last thing I thing I posted about was the Andrew Shaw trade and nothing much since then. But, now since I really do not want to do anything today here is what I have been doing the past month.

Kairos
Last month, I went on a religious retreat called Kairos were you get to reflect upon yourself and others. So I don't post any spoilers for others I want to describe it for people who really can't go on it. For my retreat, we went to a secret location (I'm not even kidding I still don't know where it is at) and for us we stood there for four days and were put in little groups not knowing what we were doing everyday. In the small groups, you basically share feelings and get really deep, which I never really do, and get to know other people you really wouldn't talk to. I personally think that everyone who has a chance to go on one should go because I got to learn that everyone goes through different things.

Award Winning
In the beginning of the month, I went with my newspaper staff to an award ceremony where we sent in the different articles that we have written throughout the year. On our staff, there are six kids including me and pretty much all of us won an award which is really impressive. I won an excellent achievement award for a sports news story that I wrote about my school's hockey team which I am pretty proud of. Along with that I competed in a sports writing competition which was a little overwhelming but it was my first time doing it so I am not too disappointed with it because I knew it was trash lol.

Wolves Game
Nothing is better than getting free hockey tickets for entering a contest. I attended the Chicago Wolves vs Milwaukee Admirals where the Wolves won 4-1 I believe. But I wasn't paying much attention because I was a little disappointed that they traded Jake Chelios even though I know many people do not like him, but he was the only player I knew besides Adam Burish, Colin Fraser, and Ben Eager who also aren't on the team anymore. The only team I actually follow for the AHL is the Grand Rapids Griffins, other than that I honestly have no clue about any other people on the different teams, but I should really catch up on those as well.

Detroit Red Wings 
On Thursday, I attended the game of the Detroit Red Wings vs the Montreal Canadiens where thankfully the Wings got two points to try to save themselves. The Wings won 4-3 and almost gave me a heart attack when they were leading 4-0 and then starting giving up goals. The goal scorers for the Wings were Riley Sheahan (2), Luke Glendening, and Anthony Mantha scoring his first goal in the NHL. To add, I love the people on Twitter who always talk about how "useless" Glendening is for not scoring goals. He is on the fourth line, he was not put there to score goals, but to be more of a defensive role. But, yet these are the same people who still want to keep Gustav Nyquist and Brad Richards who literally does nothing for this team. Yes, I do believe that the Wings should get rid of Nyquist because he only scores when he is on a certain line and he does not match well with his other teammates. He also has not been putting up the same goals as he did last season.

Here was my little catch up to try and hide from my family lol. I also just wanted to rant about the Wings a little bit because they are falling behind and if they want a winning team I believe they should start trading people instead of doing the usual of keeping the same people over and over again hoping they will get good. But for the mean time, I will make another post when the regular season ends where I will show my bracket and explain who I think will win and compare it to my prediction at the beginning of the season. But, for now here is the list of shows I will be attending by the time summer starts back up! I will be attending a ton of baseball games as well, but I am not putting all those dates down. Once these dates get closer I am going to either post my regular snapchat or make a separate one for concerts for these as well and these are the concerts that I have already bought for and I might be going to more.

My Summer Events 
June 5th: Twenty One Pilots
June 9th: Cage the Elephant
June 17th: Catfish and the Bottlemen
July 2nd: Zac Brown Band
July 23rd: Vans Warped Tour
July 28th-31st: Lollapalooza

To catch up follow me on
Twitter
Insta
hockey tumblr
concert/hockey insta

If you do follow me, let me know and I'll follow you back!

Comments