Chicago Blackhawks vs. St Louis Blues // 9-26-2015

Last night I took my friend, Molly to her first ever hockey game. Even though I do not really like either of those teams I still enjoy watching hockey and I felt honored to take her to her frist one. One of the best part for me was seeing her get all excited because she got to see her favorite players which are Andrew Shaw and Corey Crawford.

As taking someone to their first hockey game, I had to take her down to the glass to watch warm-ups. We stood two sections over by the players' bench row 2 because again the United Center ushers are really strict and will not let people down on the glass if people did not buy those tickets. I love seeing people get all excited when they see their favorite players becauase it is the coolest thing in the world for someone to finally see their favorite player play live in person. Also while we were watching warm-ups where we stood about a section over is where the Blackhawks' wives stand with some of their children and it was the most adorable thing I have ever seen especially with Brent Seabrook and his son Carter. Brent just kept skating up to his son and gave him little fist bumps on the glass to him and all the other players would skate by and make cute, funny faces at them.

           
Brent Seabrook and his son Carter.

My seats for this game was in section 327 row 7 which are not bad but during the regular seaon the can be really expensive even though they are up high. The only problem I have with them is that you cannot read the other team's names but you can still see all the action from up there. They also have on the jumbotron of the names of all the players on the ice which is also really helpful when sitting up there.

The view

The first period nothing really happened. It was just really slow and both teams were just starting out. Some players tried to get into a fight but the refs were just not having it. Also by the end of the first the Blues scored a powerplay goal causing it to be 1-0. I started to go nuts even though I was wearing a Hossa jersey and Hawks hat but I just wanted to make my friend mad. 

At the start of the second period, Hossa scored the first goal for the Hawks that night. My friend was just excited because she got to hear the goal song live and feel the energy from everyone. Then after that it began to go slow again but I was too busy thinking about how cute the players were being from warm-ups. 

Then the third period began and after a few minutes later they went their tv break. While we were sitting there the camera man came by us and I was so excited because I thought we would get on the jumbotron but we did not. Of course we were sitting there all mad but apparently my friend and I made it on TV, but sadly no one got a picture of us. Then shortly after that my least favorite player scored and this is how I celebrated it.


Like I was not joking when I told my friend I would not stand up for him. A few seconds later Duncan Keith scored making it 3-1 and then of course I stood again. 

Since it was preseason and the Hawks won, they still went on to do the 3-on-3 overtime. There they played until someone scored. And the team to end was the Blues even though they still ended uo losing 3-2. I do not remember who the third and second stars of the games were but of course K*** got the first star and everyone went nuts. 

If you want to see any of my warm-up pictures from last night check them out here. Hope you enjoyed this post. Feel free to leave any comments or send me a message on tumblr or twitter. My next posting will probably be on Sunday October 11th after I go to the Wings' home opener and Catfish and the Bottlemen concert. 

Comments