Chicago Cubs vs. The Atlanta Braves at Wrigley Field 8-20-2015

I forgot to make a post on Sunday after I went to Miller Park to watch the Brewers and Philly game. To make up for it I decided to make one today and I am going to add something at the end. Also since Miller Park is the 5th ballpark I visited it is probably 3rd on my list for favorite ballparks behind Comerica Park and Wrigley Field. 

Yesterday, I attended the Cubs game because it was Fireman Night at the ballpark and all the Chicago fireman were able to sit in the same section so my dad wanted to attend to sit with all my friends and I wanted to see my favorite player, AJ Pierzynski, who plays on the Braves. So of course I had to go decked out with Braves apparel. I got some weird looks and questions from my dad's friends but I will continue that later in the post so far now I am going to talk about my seats.

This was my third time visiting Wrigley Field and I pretty much such in the same section before my the seats I bought were 19 rows back from where I usually sit. And these seats were awful. I sat in section (or should I say aisle) 235 row 21 seat 110. These seats are basically under the club level seats so I could not see the scoreboards, the pitch count, and the balls and strikes. All they gave those seats are a very tiny flatscreen tv which for me did nothing because I cannot read tiny writing without my glasses. And getting to these seats was even worse because they are lined up in the aisles so it gets really confusing and no one helps you because they only have the ticket people in the 100 sections. We even asked one of the hot dog guys where to go and the worker could not even help us. So if you ever go here do not buy 200 level tickets that are all the way in the back just buy the 400/500 level or try to get rows 1-8 in the 200 level if you want to sit there.

My view from my seats (notice the awning above)

I am a jersey jinx. No matter what team I wear to any baseball games the team I do not wear always win. Last night the Cubs won 7-1 mostly hitting homers that I could not see. I did not stay the whole game but I pretty much saw the Cubs winning when it was 6-0. The Braves had a few chances on scoring a run but they were just not doing well espeically their pitcher. But Pierzynski got on base once right before I left so I was mostly excited about that. 
Here is a bad picture of AJ batting.

As I said in the beginning, I sat in a whole section full of fireman so from left and right I just getting these disgusted stares from everyone but I just brushed it off and kept walking. Out of all the seats we could of got of course we got seats right next to my dad's best friend named Fred. Fred kept looking at me and he had the nerve to ask me "Do you even like baseball?" and  "Why would you even wear Braves gear?" and I just stared him down and my dad said "Oh she is a big AJ fan so we are mostly here to watch him." Fred just shrugged his shoulder and just brushed it off with a simple okay which madde me a little mad. He then asked "Wasn't AJ on another team after he left the Sox?" and I named every single team he was on and he just sat there acting all surprised when I did that. Like who knew a girl can actually talk baseball! That part made me furious. If I was a boy I would not of even been questioned if I like baseball. I do not understand why guys do this. Everytime I wear something with a sport team on it I am pretty much getting questioned about the team and/or player I am wearing. This is one of the main reasons why I want to become a sports journalist or even work in sports broadcasting to prove to people that girls do know what they are talking about. Yes, I know their are also other women in sports journalism already but there is a quite low number of them compared to the men working in it. I also want to prove you do not have to be blonde or super pretty to work on these networks. 

Okay my rant is over and I hope youenjoy today's post. I might make a post either on Sunday when I go to One Direction again only if something different will happen or I will not make a new one until I go to the Zac Brown Band concert on September 12th at Comerica. 

Follow me on other social media as well for more updates!

Comments