My trip to Toronto

Sorry I have not been on in a while I have just been busy and have not been to a lot of concerts and the amount of baseball games I have been too are just to hard to keep track. But today I am going to write about the past two days I have been in Toronto.

Day 1: Instead of driving from Chicago to Toronto (8 hours drive), my family and I shortened it by stopping in Detroit the night that helped us shave 4 hours off the drive. But when we arrived in the city in the early afternoon and we saw  the sight around our hotel and it wass not that pretty. When we booked this place (I will not say where until after I leave) we did not realize that it is pretty much on the outskirts of town surrounded by homeless people. Don't get me wrong it's pretty and clean on the inside but the surroundings are not. Afterwards we mostly just walked around the city by going to the Eaton Centre, the Rogers Centre, the CN tower, and just walking down Yonge Street but mostly a pretty boring day.


Day 2: Today was a lot better than yesterday. At the beginning of my day, my family and I went to the Toronto Blue Jay vs. the Tampa Bay Rays' game at the Roger's Centre. This was not my first place there but out of the three fields I have been to this is my second favorite stadium behind Wrigley Field in Chicago (ew I can not believe I just said that). If you did not catch the game or see the score, Toronto won 4-0. The game at the beginning went a little slow with not many people making it on base or not scoring runs but by the time they hit the 5th and 8th inning Chris Colabello (5th inning) and Jose Bautista (8th inning) hit home runs with another runner on the bases. Overall it was a great game. I just fall in love with the stadium and it is pretty much the main reason why I wanted to come back here. I mostly just like the world's fastest groundkeepers and their Blue Jay's song they play during the 7th inning stretch. One thing I did not like was how packed the Blue Jay's store was over by section 112 (I believe). You could not move in there and the lines were crazy.

Third baseline view

After the game, we headed over to Walhburgers over on Blue Jay's Way. That place was pretty delicious even though they did not have their air conditioning on after coming from a baseball game in 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Then we walked over to Yonge and Dundas to go onto a city bus tour. There they go to 21 different stops touring the beautiful city of Toronto. There you saw the different sites and things to do while you are there. I highly suggest going on it especially if you come here for the first time because it is extremely helpful. From the tour we found out about a haunted tour where it starts at the Hockey Hall of Fame and they show you around the city and it's haunted places. Another thing we saw since the PAM AM games are here there was a stage on Queen's street where they were holding free concerts and also is the place where some of the gold medals are held out. I do not know who was playing when I got there but he was very energtetic and good. 


Tomorrow I will probably just post about my tour at the University of Toronto and probably what I bought lol. 




Comments